In addition to the free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate , which is included with our web hosting products or servers (with an additional Plesk control panel), we also offer various certificates for sale. You can find these on our website under Solutions> SSL Certificate . In these instructions, we explain what you need to consider and how to proceed.
In this FAQ we explain how you can create a CSR via your Plesk control panel :
- Log into the control panel and look for the relevant domain under Websites & Domains
- Click on the SSL/TLS Certificates icon and then on the Manage button
- To create a new certificate on the server, select the Add SSL/TLS Certificate button
- Fill in the relevant fields marked with * and select 2048 for Bit
- Then click the Request button to add the certificate
- Call up the newly created certificate in the overview and copy the complete CSR
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- Contents -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
You can then insert this CSR on the order page and complete the order. You will then receive all further information by e-mail afterwards. After the invoice has been paid, you will be sent a link via email, which you can use to make the final entries before the certificate is issued.
The CA requires validation of the SSL order. The following options are available to you:
As soon as the validation by the certification authority has been completed, the SSL certificate is issued and usually made available within a few hours. You will then be informed by us by e-mail. The certificate files are provided to you in the myhosttech customer center .